Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just a few things...

Don´t have too much time to write because I´m at school and today is Dia del Niño and we are having a huge celebration. They have big fiestas here all the time for everything. It´s cool. I helped with the decorations and tied a bunch of balloons to a string. Anyway... I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I got over the hill the was my Asamblea General and I can just chill and focus on making this place my home. And I really am starting to feel at home here. My house is coming along nicely. Yesterday I went shopping in San Vicente with my host parents and bought some more stuff... storage was an issue. I really like to be organized and have placed to put my stuff. So I got a plastic shelf drying rack thing for my dishes and then I got the coolest most economical book shelf! I´m proud of how resourceful I am! I bought some cinderblocks and planks of wood at a hardware store and i´m going to stack them to make a shelf! I bought some paint to make it pretty too. I have to cut the wood myself though. I have never cut wood with a saw before. Something simple but I am doing all kinds of new things down here!

And today I woke up for the second day in a row at 5:30 am to go running at the soccer field. Crazy. Never in my life have i gotten up that early to exercise. And because of it, I´m going to bed super early like 8 or 9. Just like the salvadoreños. So if i can keep this up, I wont have an issue with people calling me early and freaking out that I dont answer the phone at 6:30 anymore. I really am starting understand why they go to bed early and wake up early. Its so hot here during the day, it´s really nice to wake up and get lots done in hte morning before it gets too hot. My host mom was shocked this morning because I actually woke up before she did!!! Who is this Amy?

Something I think is weird... When I go to San Vicente with Don Chepito and Marinita we usually go eat at a restaurant together. Marinita doesn´t expect me to pay for their lunch like when I´m alone with Don Chepito. But I don´t mind buying them lunch, it´s so cheap anyway and they give me a free ride to the city and carry stuff back in the truck for me. What I think is weird is that when we go, Don Chepito always makes sure to be the last one in line to get his food, and then me and Marinita go sit down and he goes and sits by himself at another table far away from us. Why doesn´t he sit with us? I always think it´s weird. Maybe he wants a break from talking or something. Whatever.

Ok the party is starting! Gotta go! Amor!

No comments:

Post a Comment