Monday, July 26, 2010

Un dia en la vida

Today I have been following my host sister, Cecilia, around doing whatever she does. We have made tons and tons of tortillas, bought meat from the neighbor (they had raw beef cut up and all over their living room), made cheese from their cows (they have 6), and took a bath in the river. We are having to bath in the river because they haven´t had running water here for 4 weeks at their house. My friends houses do have running water though. It´s ok, I really dont mind the bucket baths.

It´s been a good day.

Ok, I have to go and help her with work at the pupuseria. First I think we have to go to San Vicente the town 30 minutes away to buy chicharron (pork).

I´m having a good time.

Life is good in the pueblo.

LOVE!

P.S. Pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. This is so interesting Amy, You write well and in English.
    mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you getting naked at the river's edged in front of men, women, children and cows?

    ReplyDelete