Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hot Hot Heat & Cows are my new Dogs

Been feeling a little under the weather the last few days. Just drained. Maybe it's the that the heat is getting to me... I forced myself out of the house yesterday and after walking up the hill to the school I thought I would pass out. I have been sleeping 10 hours a night and still feel like I need a nap in the afternoon. Not really feeling much better today, but I have to go teach English at the school this afternoon. I can do it.


Then I have a meeting with my youth group kids to talk about when we can go on this excursion. I wanted to take them to the movies, but turns out they're too scared to go to San Salvador, or they think it will be boring. I'm like, "but it's something you've never done before... why not try it?" They don't want to. They want to go to the swimming pools here in San Vicente. Ok then, fine with me. It's cheaper and closer. But I'm a little disappointed in their unwillingness to try new things. I'm trying to figure out a way to go before I go to Texas. I only have a limited number of weekends, and this one was the only one that would really work for me... I don't want them to have to wait until I get back in March.

I feel like there is so much going on all of a sudden. But I know there's not really much. Just lots of meetings. My town has a meeting tomorrow because we are going to have some doctors assigned to work here on a regular basis. How about that! The only thing is, they don't have any place to work. So that's what we're having the meeting about. Then I have another meeting with this town committee I somehow ended up on- I'm still trying to figure out what the point is of this "Interinstitutional Committee" I don't think there is one. But I'm on it! Hopefully I will figure out what the deal is at the meeting on Monday.

The 2nd grade teacher at my school is ALWAYS asking me when I can come spend the night at her house. I can't say I have ever been too thrilled about the idea... but then last week I figured, why not? It's not like I do much at night in my house in the campo. She's a sweet lady and lives in one of my favorite pueblos. So I told her I would come this week... and now this week I'm just feeling so exhausted, and like all I want to do is rest. So, I think it will have to be next week maybe, Maybel.

I don't know if I ever mentioned the story about the time I visited her house. I think I may have, but it's worth mentioning again. It was right after she had her baby, and she was talking a lot about how sore her breasts were from all the milk. Now, I don't get too weird about talking about this kind of stuff because of the house I grew up in with mom delivering babies and her La Leche league. So it's not a big deal. But it got a little weird when she took her shirt and bra off and was sitting there topless holding napkins under her breasts telling me to look how full they were, with the milk dripping onto the napkin. Do you think that's a little weird? I did. I swear she wanted me to milk them for her. If that's even possible. I mean, she's not a cow. But I'm not into that. Anyway, other than that awkward moment, she's a very nice woman and seems pretty cool. So I'll give it another shot and hang out with her again. But if she starts taking her clothes off again this time... that will be the end of the overnights with her.

I'm loving my cows lately, their patties aside. They are like my dog replacements. I think they're sweet. I feed them my vegetables that go back... and they are quick to come when they see me throw the food on the ground. Last night I was eating cantalaupe for dessert and fed my favorita mama cow the peels by hand. Her name is Serena. We're tight.



Ok, i'm going to get myself out of the house and to the school and prep for my class today. Hope I can handle the walk over there. Ay Dios Mio, this heat! I can't believe yall are only a 3 hour flight away in houston and you are all freezing with snow in your forecast. How is that?

Countdown to Texas: 21 days!

1 comment:

  1. Ay Dios moo! Laughing so hard... Go ahead milk her breasts.

    ReplyDelete