Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Invitation Kit!

So today the invitation kit came in the mail! Normally Peace Corps makes you wait for it to arrive in the mail to figure out where you are going to go. But because I thought I was going to be leaving the country this week, they sent me mine by email. I wonder what it might have been like to have to wait all week until it came to find out where I was going. Although I was PRETTY sure it was El Salvador before I ever got any invite, because of what I saw on the Peace Corps Wiki Timeline.

Nonetheless, I was thrilled when I found my invitation at my doorstep today when I came home! To have it in my hands. It feels more real. After going through the many many papers inside of the package, I was really glad I stayed here instead of going to Chile- I don't know how I would have done all this on time if I wasn't here.

So much to do, and with 5 weeks to go until my departure!

Now that I know that I am leaving to live in a rural town in El Salvador for 2 years... I am making sure I enjoy every moment of my time here at home in Houston. Tomorrow I'm going to go to my favorite sandwich place, Which Wich, and grab lunch for my dad and I! Oooooh how i love a good sandwich place! It will also be nice to have lunch with my pops... that almost never happens. So yea, I'm enjoying my food, time with the fam, and trying to figure out how I'm going to get started on the overwhelming packing list.


1 comment: